Saturday, April 30, 2011

Costa Vida



Not Beer
Meet Trent.


I was looking for something to do on a Saturday night and Trent agreed we needed to celebrate making the film program.  These celebratory sodas from Cost Vida were pretty good!  Besides dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble because I meant to get a book for the summer and Trent likes books.  Once I was there, I secretly decided to get a library card so I can read the classics I've been meaning to without committing to buying them all.  I think this reinforces the theory that I have commitment issues or that I'm cheap.  Probably both :)  Trent just thought that I was being nice to want to go to Barnes and Noble.



So now I have my work schedule for the night shift!  It fits well with filming Weighted next week.  We have lots of food stuffed into my new apartment and I'm excited to get rid of it.  After it's done, I am going to go visit my sister in Vegas.  It will be a fun adventure :)


My last day with Jason on day shifts seemed to come up suddenly.  I didn't expect to feel anything, but I guess it was how the official staffer came over and abruptly told us it was my last day with him.  I was a little sad!  I left strong though.  I was a little overwhelmed on Thursday so it helped me to make good goals for Friday-I remembered all the doctors orders and labs.  I also gave report better, knew how to deliver dialysis meds, change the dressings, and I even saved someone's IV.  The tubing broke off and the PCTs hurried to get me with "There is a lot of blood!"  I came in to see that the site was fine and it had been covered so I directed how to put pressure on the catheter and replaced the tubing after clearing my idea with the charge nurse so the patient didn't have to get re-poked :)  It was the first time that I felt the PCT's respected me as a nurse and I delivered.


I was also trying to plan my future today.  I have a lot of options.  Film at BYU or online Bachelor's in Nursing.  For some reason, moving to SLC seems really appealing and film will take awhile, but I'll probably stick it out.  I can use it as an opportunity to practice committing.  Besides, I can always do the online program later.

No comments:

Post a Comment